Simple and effective tips to quit smoking
There is no quick fix or standard method of quitting smoking. However, there are several effective methods and treatments; it is up to each individual to find the one that suits them best. The techniques mentioned here (in the left-hand menu) are there to help you:
- The "10 rules for quitting": a useful list for preparing to quit.
- The "no-smoking contract": set a quit date. If it seems easier to you, you can set a quitting 'period' instead.
- The smoker's diary: many smokers have told us that writing a journal opened their eyes to a habit (smoking) that they thought they knew.
- Become a forum user and support and encourage each other.
- The Coach provides individualized counseling and follow-up e-mails for three months.